About Our Organization: A family-owned business with over 20 years of experience, Chihuahua Tire understands the importance of safety and vehicle reliability. Our mechanics intentionally treat every vehicle and budget as if it were our own. We pride ourselves on integrity, determination, and consistency. Being committed to offering a variety of quality services at affordable costs is how we stand by every job completed. What initially started off as tires and basic auto repair has aggressively grown into multiple locations throughout the Chicagoland area. Do you take pride in your work? Are you an avid car enthusiast? Ever had the desire to be part of a respectable team? If so, come join our family and help become a part of growing something that truly impacts the community!
533 North State St. Elgin, IL 60123
375 Fenton Lane, West Chicago, IL 60185
1201 Aurora Avenue, Aurora, IL 60505
120 East Indian Trail, Aurora, IL 60505
5th location coming soon!
FLSA Status: Salary, Exempt
- As the Sales Rep/Service Writer, you will be responsible for communicating effectively with not only the customers but also the Auto Mechanics to ensure requested repairs are being taken note of and needed repairs are being done and quoted appropriately. You will also provide any follow-up on missed sales.
- Act as the liaison of the company interacting with customers’ repair inquiries.
- Communicate effectively with customers to understand and take note of the repairs requested – record info on the work order.
- Advise customers on service/wait times.
- Record services needed, cost of parts and labor, and customer quote on service ticket.
- Determine schedules, sequences, and assignments for work activities, based on work priority, quantity of equipment, and skill of personnel.
- Work alongside mechanics to develop, implement, or evaluate maintenance policies and procedures.
- Perform other relevant duties to the role as they arise.
- Hourly, plus commission.
- Start pay is based on experience.
- Salary base optional for full-time position.
- 8 am-2 pm Monday through Saturday or;
- 1 pm-6 pm Monday through Saturday.
- Full-time, possibly available ask for details.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Sales Experience 3 yrs minimum.
- Critical Thinking:
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Active Listening:
- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Reading Comprehension:
- Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
Complex Problem-Solving Skills:
- Complex Problem Solving:
- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Equipment Maintenance.
- Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
Judgment and Decision Making:
- Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Systems Evaluation.
- Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
- Systems Analysis.
- Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.