Organization Name: Chihuahua Tire Shop
About Our Organization:
A family-owned business with over 20 years of experience, Chihuahua Tire understands the importance of safety and vehicle reliability. Our mechanics intentionally treat every vehicle and budget as if it were our own. We pride ourselves on integrity, determination, and consistency. Being committed to offering a variety of quality services at affordable costs is how we stand by every job completed. What initially started off as tires and basic auto repair has aggressively grown into multiple locations throughout the Chicagoland area. Do you take pride in your work? Are you an avid car enthusiast? Ever had the desire to be part of a respectable team? If so, come join our family and help become a part of growing something that truly impacts the community!
Job Location: 533 North State St. Elgin, IL 60123
375 Fenton Lane, West Chicago, IL 60185
1201 Aurora Avenue, Aurora, IL 60505
120 East Indian Trail, Aurora, IL 60505
5 The location coming soon!
As the Senior Auto Mechanic, you will not only have the responsibility of performing repairs/services needed, but you will also directly supervise and mentor other mechanics in the shop.
- Determine schedules, sequences, and assignments for work activities, based on work priority, quantity of equipment, and skill of personnel.
- Inspect and monitor work areas, examine tools and equipment, and provide employee safety training to prevent, detect, and correct unsafe conditions or violations of procedures and safety rules.
- Conduct or arrange for worker training in safety, repair, or maintenance techniques, operational procedures, or equipment use.
- Develop, implement, or evaluate maintenance policies and procedures.
- Monitor tool and part inventories and the condition and maintenance of shops to ensure adequate working conditions.
- Document work order with 3C’s.
- Perform skilled repair or maintenance operations.
- Dispatch repair orders according to skill level.
- Maintain direct communication with management.
- Perform other relevant duties to the role as they arise.
Education and Experience:
Years of Experience 5 yrs min.
- Salary Options Available
- Depends on Experience
Monitoring/Assessing the performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Critical Thinking
Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Active Listening
Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Reading Comprehension
Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Equipment Maintenance
Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions choose the most appropriate one
Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct
performance, relative to the goals of the system.
Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will
Resource Management Skills:
- Management of Personnel Resources: Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Time Management: Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Management of Material Resources: Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
- Management of Financial Resources: Determining how the money will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these expenditures.
- Service Orientation: Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Physical Demands: Walk; Sit; Use hands to finger, handle, or feel; Reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Lifts Weight or Exerts Force Work Environment: Up to 50 pounds; Up to 100 pounds.